Choose a faculty scientific or humanistic? It is a big problem but UNISCO project can help me.
A bridge to facilitate the students to the università
Project UNISCO (‘portmanteau’ of UNISS and School) was born from the desire to create a tool to strengthen and institutionalize the relationship between school and university, favoring integration between the training school and basic training activities of the early courses degree programs.
It is an Italian project, a collaboration between the University of Sassari, the University of Verona and high schools in Sardinia and the Veneto. The project was already experienced last year becoming very successful. This year it has been expanded in order to involve other schools from the technical high schools.
Many of my students (Aged 16 to 18 years old) will attend the courses. They will experience the university life. They will attend classes and will support a ‘final exam. With this experience, that will last three years, they will surely make the better suited choice when entering university. For us, it is very important because many students leave university in the first two years as a result of a wrong choice.
Goals of UNISCO
– Institutionalizing the relationship between school and university
– To lay the foundations for a fruitful dialogue between school and university
– To promote integration between training schools and the core courses of the first years of a university degree
– To help student in the understanding of the fundamental aspects and methodology of a specific discipline
– Aim to university study (providing food for thought on how to study, how to attend classes, etc.)
To guide in the choice of a university degree.
Recipients and organization
– The courses are aimed at students of classes III, IV and V and consist of 4 afternoon sessions of 3 hours each for a total of 16 academic hours (12 hours).
– The lessons of the courses are held in the facilities of the University and, in particular, at the Departments that will be activated.
– Attendance is mandatory (to be admitted to the final exam, the student must have reached a 75% of the number of hours required for the course, which is 3 to 4 afternoons).
Type of Courses
For the academic year 2015/2016 there are two types of courses:
1. Teaching “standard concepts” in introductory courses to bring the student to the core area and the topics covered in one or more courses (with these, students should be able to decide whether a particular course of study meets their expectations and if it is suitable to its basic preparation). These “standard” courses can be designed as
• introductory courses in a discipline,
• courses organized in modules to present the different aspects of a discipline or
• specialized courses.
2. Preparation courses for entrance test (over several modules) to degree courses limited enrollment nationwide.
The courses are divided into two main areas: Science and Humanities.
– The exam must be taken within one month from the end of classes.
– There will be two sessions comprised during the period 1st-30th of April, 2016.
– The credits earned (2 per course) will be automatically recognized as assets to free choice in degree programs of Macro Reference area (Humanities or Science), while recognizing the other Macro Area requires the approval of the relevant college.
At the end of the exam, students will have two CF for each course (max 10 CF over three years). These credits can be used in universities. They can not support some of their university exams equal to the value of CF accumulated. In fact, they will have a little treasure.
Article written: Costantina Cossu, Scientix Deputy Ambassador
Tags: schools, university
Mi piace molto l idea e il progetto.I miei alunni frequentano Unisco con entusiasmo
I miei alunni frequentano l universita dal terzo anno di scuole superiori con entusiasmo.
lo ritengo un valido progetto.
I ragazzi sono contenti .Esprienza eccezionale.
Gli alunni vivono un esperienza da liceale.
Immesrsi nelle lezioni universitarie faranno una scelta futura consapevole
Really……It’s a beatiful experience.
I hope the experience will spread to other universities.
Many students would choose better their future-
This is a good practive.
I’m a ‘teacher and I see that pupils sometimes does not follow their dreams in choosing the university but they follow advice of friends and parents.
I hope that the students following these courses about their inclinations.
The choice of the university should be only personal.
Avete tutte ragione. Anche io ho fatto provare ai ragazzi queste opportunità eccellenti.
Grazie per la VS testimonianza.